Quest Medical, Inc. is a US based manufacturer that develops and manufactures sterile medical devices for a variety of medical markets. Those markets include cardiac surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oncology, IV fluid, and anesthesia delivery. Our company culture is very diverse and the average tenure for our employee population is 7 years. If you are looking for a stable and successful company where your voice will be heard, Quest is the place to be.
Are you a detail-oriented professional with a passion for optimizing supply chain operations? Quest Medical, Inc. is currently seeking a skilled Supply Chain Planner to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for the creation and management of the production plan, conducting thorough analyses of sales forecasts, customer orders, and inventory stocking levels. Your insights will be instrumental in determining material requirements, establishing production schedules, and managing inventory levels to uphold the highest customer satisfaction metrics, particularly in achieving on-time shipments.
• Utilize advanced analytical techniques to analyze historical data, market trends, and customer demand patterns for medical devices.
• Collaborate with sales, marketing, and production teams to gather input for accurate demand forecasting.
• Maintain and monitor forecast accuracy within the ERP system, ensuring optimal inventory levels of raw materials and finished goods.
• Lead monthly Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) meetings to review forecast accuracy with key stakeholders.
• Coordinate with sales teams to establish sales quotas, territories, and strategies for achieving sales targets. Inventory Management:
• Monitor inventory levels of raw materials, components, and finished goods, optimizing stock availability while minimizing excess inventory costs.
• Implement inventory optimization techniques such as safety stock calculations and inventory turnover analysis.
• Conduct regular audits and implement replenishment strategies to ensure consistent stock availability.
• Utilize advanced techniques and mathematical solutions to establish and maintain an inventory control plan across all SKUs.
• Manage Material Dispositions for Engineering Change Orders, ensuring proper handling of finished goods, open work orders, and raw materials.
• Oversee management of Expired Materials, conducting monthly reviews and initiating shelf life extensions when necessary.
• Prepare information for quarterly inventory obsolescence review meetings. Supply Planning:
• Collaborate with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of raw materials, components, and finished goods for medical device production.
• Coordinate with procurement and supply chain teams to ensure timely availability of inputs required for production.
• Evaluate supplier performance, negotiate contracts, identify alternative suppliers, and mitigate supply chain risks. Production Planning & Scheduling:
• Translate demand forecasts and sales plans into production plans for manufacturing medical devices.
• Assess production capacity and resource availability, identifying and addressing constraints.
• Optimize production efficiency and capacity utilization while meeting quality standards and regulatory requirements.
• Analyze material usage, work in process, and manufacturing lead times to determine production schedules.
• Manage daily production planning across 400 SKUs, including work order generation and review.
• Build sterilization truck loads and assign production lots to sterilization groups.
• Monitor the execution of work orders, collaborating with Manufacturing Managers and Supervisors to track production capacity.
• Collaborate with Quality Engineers to address deviations and initiate Engineering Change Orders when necessary. Distribution Planning:
• Act as a liaison to customer service for items on backorder, determining product availability timelines.
• Plan and coordinate transportation, distribution, and logistics of medical devices to customers and distributors.
• Optimize transportation routes, select carriers, and manage shipping schedules for on-time delivery and cost efficiency. Risk Management:
• Identify potential risks and disruptions in the supply chain, developing risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans. Regulatory Compliance:
• Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory requirements and standards governing the production, distribution, and sale of medical devices.
• Performance Measurement, Analysis and Reporting:
• Define key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure S&OP processes’ effectiveness, analyzing metrics to identify trends and areas requiring corrective action.
• Generate reports and dashboards to communicate supply chain performance and insights to stakeholders. Continuous Improvement:
• Identify opportunities for process optimization, cost reduction, and efficiency improvements within the S&OP process.
• Implement continuous improvement initiatives, such as lean manufacturing principles, process automation, and demand planning software enhancements.
• Collaborate with Warehouse Supervisor on space utilization projects, creating standard work for Purchasing, Planning, and Warehousing responsibilities. Cross-Functional Collaboration:
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and coordination across the organization.
• Participate in cross-functional meetings and projects to address supply chain-related issues and support organizational goals.
• Facilitate communication and collaboration across departments, conducting regular S&OP meetings to optimize the supply chain.
JOB KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Operations, Supply Chain, or related field from an accredited university Experience:
• A minimum of 2 years of work-related experience in a manufacturing environment is required. Technical Proficiency:
• Experience with ERP, MRP and CRM.
• Advanced production planning capability using technology and mathematical techniques. Skill and Abilities
• Excellent communication skills, coupled with detail-oriented and strong deductive problem-solving abilities.
• Proficiency in Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience with JD Edwards.
• Experience in a LEAN manufacturing environment
• Demonstrated leadership skills in a LEAN manufacturing setting.
• Familiarity with FDA regulations and compliance standards.
• Clear sense of ownership and accountability
• Ability to work effectively with tight timelines
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Why Join Us:
Mid-size company with great company culture that is well diverse
Have a voice in the company!
Average tenure for employee population is 7 years
401k with employee matching available
Paid vacation, health/dental/vision, and other excellent benefits