As a part of the team, you will be contributing to each of our core beliefs: Empowerment, Innovation, Speed & Purpose, Teamwork & Collaboration, Growth, and Fun. You will be empowered to ensure we are producing high quality products that meet the standards of our regulatory bodies and our customers.
Quest Medical, Inc. is a US based manufacturer that develops and manufactures sterile medical devices for a variety of medical markets. Those markets include cardiac surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oncology, IV fluid, and anesthesia delivery. Our company culture is very diverse and the average tenure for our employee population is 7+ years. If you are looking for a stable and successful company where your voice will be heard, Quest is the place to be.
Facilities & Metrology Manager
Allen, TX 75002
Responsible for the management of all shipping and receiving processes. Coordinate the storage and distribution of all inventory and supplies received. Manage warehouse associates using Lean Manufacturing principals to ensure we are maximizing our efficiencies and productivity. Active member of the company’s LEAN deployment team, continually striving for advanced methods to improve material acquisition, material movement, and inventory improvements. Ensure the proper functioning and safe operation of all warehouse tools and equipment. Responsible for long-term planning associated with warehouse utilization and capacity.
- Minimum of two years of Supervisory/ Leadership experience in Warehousing/ Logistics preferred.
- Bachelor or associate degree in management, administration, supply chain, or 5+ years working experience in warehousing or product distribution to customer base.
- Ability to make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments, and direct the workforce in an ever-changing warehouse environment.
- Working understanding of Warehouse Management System. JD Edwards experience preferred.
- Experience in LEAN manufacturing environment, including demonstrated leadership.
- Computer literate in Windows, Word, and Excel.
- Responsible for Inventory Control management across all inventory locations in the facility. Ensuring all physical inventory movements are transacted in the system. Creating warehouse locations in our ERP system.
- Conducting cycle counts to sustain inventory accuracy. Investigate and reconcile all inventory variances.
- Oversee the management and training of all warehouse associates. Define warehouse roles and evaluate employee performance to ensure the company’s expectations are being met.
- Applies LEAN initiatives to optimize material flow through facility. Leads Kaizen teams to identify and eliminate inefficiencies in material flow, inventory control, and inventory management processes.
- Leads cross-training initiatives to ensure we have proper coverage in all areas of the warehouse.
- Manage receiving activities and ensure quality issues and discrepancies are communicated to our Quality Control and Purchasing Departments.
- Work with the Inventory Control and Planning Manager to coordinate and prioritize the pick of materials for Manufacturing Work Orders. Ensure item, quantity, and lot codes are accurate and match our documentation.
- Ensure all sales orders are fulfilled accurately, on time, and to completion.
- Make certain all employees comply with safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain proper record keeping of all critical documentation defined by management.
- Certification to Forklift Operators and renewals (certified trainer status).
- Equipment and Machinery Maintenance and record keeping.
- Enforce safety standards (PPE, Eye Wash Stations, Chemical Storage/ Mixing areas and Forklift Operations)
- Work closely with Manufacturing, Quality, and Customer Service teams to ensure goals and expectations are being met throughout the full process from receiving to kitting to sterilization to finished good shipping.
- Establish consistent, effective communication forums with the team to ensure that daily and weekly goals are being met.
Notables / Benefits:
- Mid-size company with great company culture that is well diverse
- Have a voice in the company
- Average tenure for employee population is 7+ years
- 401k with employee matching available
- Paid vacation, health/vision/dental, and other excellent benefits
An Equal Opportunity Employer