As a part of the team, you will be contributing to each of our core beliefs: Empowerment, Innovation, Speed & Purpose, Teamwork & Collaboration, Growth, and Fun. You will be empowered to ensure we are producing high quality products that meet the standards of our regulatory bodies and our customers.
Quest Medical, Inc. is a US based manufacturer that develops and manufactures sterile medical devices for a variety of medical markets. Those markets include cardiac surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oncology, IV fluid, and anesthesia delivery. Our company culture is very diverse and the average tenure for our employee population is 7+ years. If you are looking for a stable and successful company where your voice will be heard, Quest is the place to be.
Lead Engineer (Electronics) – direct hire / full time
Director of Advanced Manufacturing
Electronics Engineering / Operations
Allen, TX 75002
The Lead Engineer leads a team of Engineers and Technicians to oversee the smooth and efficient running of the Electronics Manufacturing, and has oversight over each phase of the manufacturing process. He/She establishes systems and practices to encourage workflow improvements to enhance the organization’s productivity.
The Lead Engineer also oversees the installation and commissioning of new equipment or technology and ensures that the equipment complies with regulatory requirements, while ensuring the mitigation of risks. He/She ensures that resources are available and trained in the installation, set-up, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the new equipment.
The Lead Engineer has excellent problem solving and analytical skills. He/She has strong leadership and communication skills and is able to carry out negotiations with vendors. He/She also constantly updates his/her understanding of technology and cutting edge methods in the relevant field.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer or electrical engineering or a related field
- 5 years of experience in engineering, with at least 2 years in a leadership role
- Ability to mentor and guide junior engineers
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Complex problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of Software programming, PC boards design and/or testing a plus.
- Providing technical direction and engineering leadership for a team of engineers
- Oversees the development of others within the area of the incumbent’s expertise, including the creation of knowledge transfer documentation materials
- Mentoring and guiding junior engineers
- Contributing to the design and development of new products and features
- Ensuring that engineering processes are followed
- Maintaining product quality
- Managing projects from start to finish by setting deadlines and ensuring that teams are meeting those deadlines
- Identifying problems in existing products or processes and proposing solutions
- Manage and assist in the process to design, develop and test electrical equipment and products.
- Capture and review electrical design requirements and features
Notables / Benefits:
- Summer hours available
- Mid-size company with great company culture that is well diverse
- Have a voice in the company
- Average tenure for employee population is 7+ years
- 401k with employee matching available
- Paid vacation, health/dental/vision, and other excellent benefits
An Equal Opportunity Employer