As a part of the team, you will be contributing to each of our core beliefs: Empowerment, Innovation, Speed & Purpose, Teamwork & Collaboration, Growth, and Fun. You will be empowered to ensure we are producing high quality products that meet the standards of our regulatory bodies and our customers.
Quest Medical, Inc. is a US based manufacturer that develops and manufactures sterile medical devices for a variety of medical markets. Those markets include cardiac surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oncology, IV fluid, and anesthesia delivery. Our company culture is very diverse and the average tenure for our employee population is 7+ years. If you are looking for a stable and successful company where your voice will be heard, Quest is the place to be.
Clinical Specialist – direct hire / full time
Director of MPS Clinical Sales
The Clinical Specialist will be responsible for training customers leading clinical evaluations, in addition to collecting, analyzing & presenting data. Responsibilities will also include giving clinical presentations at professional meetings, cardiothoracic residency/fellowship programs and perfusion schools. The Clinical Specialist will assist the Territory Sales Manager in providing strategic account management of all of Quest’s products.
- Current or previous CCP (Certified Clinical Perfusionist) preferred. Other areas of current or previous experience include Perfusion Technician, CV-OR Nursing or respiratory therapist with OR/CVICU experience, Physician’s Assistant, Hospital Pharmacist with Operating Room experience, Biomedical Engineering with CV clinical experience, and Mechanical Circulatory Support Specialist. Bachelor’s Degree or above will be required with a minimum of 3+ years’ experience.
- Capable of managing time and resources within the assigned territory in conjunction with near-term plans to ensure the territory’s objectives are achieved.
- Be able to enhance teamwork within the region and maintain a collaborative relationship with all customers.
- Must have sound clinical knowledge, understand our competitors and their impact on the business. Exercise judgment in selecting innovative and practical methods to achieve problem resolution in the assigned territory.
- Establish and cultivate an extensive network of support to facilitate completion of assignments internally & externally in Quest’s organization.
- Ability to influence customers with technical and clinical data.
- Basic to intermediate skills in Microsoft in Excel, Word, SharePoint, & Outlook.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Serve as a key business partner to Quest clients in the field, develop & maintain strong relationships. Promptly respond to customer needs & complaints regarding products & service.
- Lead and/or participate in the coordination of clinical evaluations & trials.
- Collect, analyze & present clinical data related to the use of Quest products.
- Present at professional meetings, cardiothoracic residency & fellowship programs & perfusion schools.
- Attend Industry tradeshows.
- Assist Sales team in selling products by being present at scheduled meetings with current and potential customers
- Assist with determining the needs (e.g., products), product usage, and types of cases handled by specific customers by meeting with and asking in-depth questions of physicians, perfusionists and other hospital personnel to learn which Quest products can best address their specific needs.
- Develop relationships with hospital personnel
- Educate customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms
- Observe actual procedures in the operating room of hospital accounts to gain insight into the specific nuances of each physician & perfusionist.
- Collaborate with R&D team on new product development activities to provide clinical input as well as utilizing clinical network for Voice of Customer activities
- Ensure compliance to all FDA and Worldwide Quality & Compliance regulations (As applicable to your job function). Build Quality into all aspects of work.
- You must have the education and experience to understand and comply with U.S. and Worldwide medical device regulations (As applicable to your job function).
- Attend all required Quality & Compliance training at the specified interval.
- Must practice verbatim compliance (exact compliance, no interpretation) with corporate Quality and Regulatory procedures (As applicable to your job function).
- If your job description requires customer facing activities, you must thoroughly understand and comply with the Customer complaint reporting process and complaint procedures (As applicable to your job function).
- Must be able to promptly report any non-compliance issues to QA, RA, Compliance officer or appropriate administrator, including the Compliance Hotline.
- Must be competent with 21 CFR 820, 801, 803, 806 and any other applicable federal regulations, and Quality standards (As applicable to your job function).
- Must not be debarred by FDA for work in any Medical Device or Pharmaceutical business.
Environmental/Safety/Physical Work Conditions:
- Ensures environmental consciousness and safe practices are exhibited in decisions.
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge and compliance with all environmental, safety and health policies. Make management aware of any actual or potential hazards in work environment and recommend any improvements to reduce exposure
- Use of computer and telephone equipment and other related office accessories/devices to complete assignments
- Will be required to lift up to 40 LBS
- The position requires travel of approximately 75% and above.
Internal and External Contacts/Relationships:
- Field Sales and Service teams.
- Internal department such as Finance, Sales Compensation, Sales Reporting, Marketing and Service.
- Perfusionists, Physicians, nurses and other hospital personnel.
The above information in this description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not contain nor is it intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Notables / Benefits:
- Mid-size company with great company culture that is well diverse
- Have a voice in the company
- Average tenure for employee population is 7+ years
- 401k with employee matching available
- Paid vacation, health/vision/dental, and other excellent benefits
An Equal Opportunity Employer