As a part of the team, you will be contributing to each of our core beliefs: Empowerment, Innovation, Speed & Purpose, Teamwork & Collaboration, Growth, and Fun. You will be empowered to ensure we are producing high quality products that meet the standards of our regulatory bodies and our customers.
Quest Medical, Inc. is a US based manufacturer that develops and manufactures sterile medical devices for a variety of medical markets. Those markets include cardiac surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oncology, IV fluid, and anesthesia delivery. Our company culture is very diverse and the average tenure for our employee population is 7+ years. If you are looking for a stable and successful company where your voice will be heard, Quest is the place to be.
Allen, TX 75002
Responsible for the procurement of raw materials and purchase requisitions from the supplier at the lowest cost without jeopardizing quality standards. Ensuring we are servicing our internal and external customers within a timely manner. Verify all orders have been acknowledged by the supplier and confirm pricing, delivery dates, and order quantities meet our expectations.
- Basic experience in materials planning and/or manufacturing environment.
- Must be self-motivated and driven to meet company goals and expectations.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Ability to make decisions, problem solve, and prioritize assignments in an ever-changing procurement environment.
- Plan and process raw material orders by interpreting requirements.
- Monitor RM inventory levels to meet corporate inventory valuation objectives.
- Review purchase price variances for raw material purchases.
- Prepare and distribute raw material purchase requisitions for management approval.
- Process purchasing requisitions, entering correct information into system, conveying order information to approved suppliers and expediting orders as needed.
- Process change orders to correspond to changing manufacturing requirements.
- Administer the MRB function by communicating with suppliers for material return for credit or initiates scrap procedures.
- Maintain all MRP and supplier-related computer data files.
- Prepare bid packages on new and existing parts when specified.
- Research products and supplies of special products by establishing what the item is, what it will be used for, and identify viable suppliers for that product. Evaluate product for serviceability, cost, and quality and then communicate information to the requisitioner so informed decisions can be made.
- Maintain a professional attitude when contacting outside suppliers to promote the Total Quality Management Policy of the Company.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all levels of management and personnel.
- Analyze material usage, work in process, and manufacturing lead times to determine production schedules to assure a smooth production flow in meeting sales forecasts and customers’ order requirements.
- Maintain and monitor inventories to ensure levels are sufficient to meet both internal and external customer needs.
- Assist in maintaining accuracy of MRP II database by arranging for the correction of errors and the addition of new information.
Notables / Benefits:
- Summer hours available
- Mid-size company with great company culture that is well diverse
- Have a voice in the company
- Average tenure for employee population is 7+ years
- 401k with employee matching available
- Paid vacation and other excellent benefits
An Equal Opportunity Employer